Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Life's New chapter

12th June 2007 opened another new chapter in my life- My first job. Where? In India's largest private bank, ICICI Bank (Hum Hain Na)!! After an enjoyable period of 37 days in Amchi Mumbai which primarily comprised of me lazing around in the mediocre hotel rooms and staff quarters offered, going on sightseeing trips with college mates, getting squashed in the ladies compartment of the local trains (strong evidence in the form of a previous blog), shopping till I dropped in Linking Road and Hill Road and at but last not the least, waiting for my visa to Bahrain, I found myself in a totally new world!

With all the advices and articles of 'how work life's gonna be' from my close friends, seniors and of course, my family, I reported for work on 22nd July 2007. I guess my mental preparation was not sufficient enough as I did not realise what I really gotten myself into. If you ask me what my profile is, it sounds really hep, atleast to me! But one thing's for sure, like they say, "In your first year of work, get yours hands dirty", well, my fingers are guaranteed to get greasy and grimy, my back's gonna for a toss and my legs are gonna give way to the floor.

I would not say my job is all peaches and cream. The presure is killing and targets are, I feel, are beyond my reach. Im trying to figure out my selling skills, and still wonder how the others do it. I have noted it all down: their tone, their style of putting the product concept across, their body language; yet, it just does not happen with me! Why oh why!

I'm in my second month now, and all I think of before going to sleep is "DEALS, I WANT DEALS". My worst fear is now coming alive - I always vowed not to be a worrywart and let the tensions of work destroy me. Unfortunately, that is exactly what is happening now. I look around and find my friends enjoying their careers. I do not feel the same and I don't want to lie in this regard. Its funny to note that the only thing I now thoroughly enjoy is SLEEP. Gone are those days when I longed to frolic around. My bed, my pillow and my blankie beckons me at every point in the day an they turn out to be my best companions.

I don't know how long this phase will last, but I do hope this storm will pass soon and that I sail with confidence across my Life's everchanging tides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope this phase have passed out... Believe you're doing great now.. :)